[TYPO3-core] Customized BE login and plans to modify the current form

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jun 26 01:48:33 CEST 2012

Hi Jigal,

On 23.06.12 09:11, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIRC there were some plans to modify the current BE login form. Is that
> still on the radar and in to what degree would it completely modify
> SC_index?

Yes, that's true. The request was because of a need to add more form
fields to implement different authentication techniques.

But there was no action taken in that regard so far.

One idea would be to make a generic login form based on Extbase which
could be used for the backend and for login forms. But this would be a
major rewrite and I'm not sure how easy it is to replace Fluid templates
with custom ones.

> The reason for asking this is the feature request to be able to add
> things to / modify the BE login interface [1].
>
> As I've written in the forge issue the most generic solution would be to
> add a signal/slot (new hook mechanism) to the function which collects
> the markers. A custom template is already possible.

Your solution sounds more pragmatic and doable in a short amount of
time. So I would say go for it, we do not loose too much in case someone
finds the time to do a major rewrite.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--