[TYPO3-core] Customized BE login and plans to modify the current form

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sat Jun 23 09:51:10 CEST 2012

Hi Jigal,

> IIRC there were some plans to modify the current BE login form. Is that
> still on the radar and in to what degree would it completely modify
> SC_index?
>
> The reason for asking this is the feature request to be able to add
> things to / modify the BE login interface [1].

I wrote an XCLASS of SC_index relatively recently and it basically
recreate the whole login screen on its own. It uses an external HTML
template with a few markers for the various parts instead of hardcoding
the chunks into many local methods.

Resulting login screen is very similar to http://vimeo.com/16850096

If it's of some use, I may share the code of course.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6