[TYPO3-core] Merge module 'configuration' with 'reports' ?

Felix Kopp felix-source at phorax.com
Tue Jun 19 21:54:50 CEST 2012

+1 for the merge.

The editing options within Configuration are in my opinion not relevant
any more nowadays. On the one hand editing system configuration is not
easily possible. Also in many projects these changes must be versioned
(git, svn) and thus being put in very specific files, which
Configuration can not perform.

I am for the move and would plead to remove editing functionality to (a)
become a Report and (b) don't mislead users.

This also migrates the Configuration to extbase, which is a nice plus.

Best,
Felix*