[TYPO3-core] How to handle dependencies in Gerrit?

Marcus Schwemer typo3 at schwemer.de
Tue Jun 19 10:17:34 CEST 2012

Hi,

the reason I am writing is the topic 24087. The situation is like this:

* There is an patch already merged in master, that only solves a part of
the issue.
* Backports of this patch are pending in Gerrit
* I pushed a new patch for master, that solves it finally but is based
on the first patch.

How should that be solved? I see 2 possibilities:

1) Amend the backports with the "new" solution, merge the second fix to
master and do not backport it.

2) Merge the backports of the first fix into branches "as is" and
backport the second patch from master to release branches.

What is the way to go?

Ciao,
Marcus