[TYPO3-core] Merge module 'configuration' with 'reports' ?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jun 19 08:42:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

> And if we do this, the next step is to move the 'Configuration' module
> to a reports tab called 'global variable status' or something like that.
> This would reduce the main module by one entry and centralize all
> 'reporting and system analysis'. What do you think?

I like the idea. Actually I'm getting used to have a lot of information
in the Reports module by installing extension "additional_reports",
which already lists XCLASSes, for example, and a lot more stuff.

Jigal's note is true that the Configuration module currently makes it
possible to edit the TCA, but I have never been enthusiastic about this
and so would be favorable about dropping it.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter