[TYPO3-core] Adding visibility to methods and variables within t3lib_tcemain?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 15 09:05:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

> The only problem I see is with hooks within tcemain that should ideally
> work in both versions, forcing us to keep the same hook name in the new
> class even if it does not fit the directory structure chosen.

Not necessarily. There's a fair chance that methods using existing hooks
would not work with the new TCEmain because they are using methods and
properties whose visibility has changed. Extension authors will have to
rewrite their hooks anyway, so it's not an issue to register them again
with the new/renamed hooks.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter