[TYPO3-core] Adding visibility to methods and variables within t3lib_tcemain?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 15 08:36:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Still I agree with Christian, proceeding with the requests is not a
> small step but I think that 6.0 also enables us to make these (slightly
> breaking) changes without complex deprecation methodology.

Maybe there's some other way. What about making a copy of t3lib_tcemain
and start changing that copy. The original t3lib_tcemain would be
deprecated as a whole (deprecation log call in the constructor) and bugs
would not be fixed inside it anymore.

The new t3lib_tcemain would live inside a "tcemain" subfolder and could
be refactored as desired. The Core would use that new tcemain class
(something like t3lib_tcemain_Base). Extensions could still rely on the
old one for two releases.

This way we don't have to wait until 6.2 or whatever to start
refactoring. And as long as we say that we don't fix the original
t3lib_tcemain, the code duplication does not hurt.

What do you think?

--

Francois Suter