[TYPO3-core] More strict convention for typoscript naming

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Tue Jul 24 22:55:05 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

Am 12.07.2012 23:54, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> While we are it, we should check how much performance gets eaten if we just
> convert all keys to lower case at the time of parsing. I do not know if this
> even works or if this would effect the rendering of values, but we should
> have a look at it.

It's a nice idea but it will not work because properties are checked
inside the extensions without any other layer in-between.

> I am not aware of keys that exists in that would conflict with each other if
> we ignore the case.

Just take a random extension as an example: Let's say there is a key
"ABC" and the extension checks if it is set, this will not work if you
make it lower-case when the template is parsed.

IMHO we should think carefully if such a change is worth the effort. And
if we decide to go for it, we should first add an API to access
TypoScript properties from extensions.

After 1-2 releases, when extensions have started using it, you can
safely change the convention to whatever you prefer (or even make it
case-insensitive...).

- michael