[TYPO3-core] Class namespaces with 6.0

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Jul 24 10:05:40 CEST 2012

Christian Kuhn schrieb am 24.07.2012 00:07:

> There were lots of requests and rumours about proper php 5.3 class
> namespacing for the TYPO3 core in the past and things started to happen
> at several community events and in the wild.
>
> The most promising approach is lead by Thomas Maroschik. During the code
> sprint in Freiburg, Thomas with some fellow people worked on this
> evolution.
>
> Susi, Helmut, Olly, Christian and Thomas Maroschik had a skype meeting
> with the topic 'TYPO3 core with namespaces for 6.0' today.
> (...)
> We are all looking forward to get this done. If we manage to keep
> backwards compatibility together with a new class scheme it would be a
> great leap forward for a more modern core. With 6.0 we have the chance
> to do that once and for all, so lets get it done!

+1 and big thumbs up!

The direction and the list of goals sounds perfect! We can all rest
assured that we have a great team of experienced core developers and
long time contributors working on that important issue. The interaction
with the FLOW3 team provides us vital certainty that we're on the right
track and clearly demonstrate how we in the TYPO3 community share the
mission to "jointly innovate excellent free software".

Having such care and dedication for backwards compatibility is what sets
us apart from most other competitor CMSs. We take the "major release"
opportunity to clean up, but people can still rely that TYPO3 is still
TYPO3.

That's the spirit! Thanks!

Go for it!

Cheers,