[TYPO3-core] Backporting to 4.5?

Mario Rimann mario.rimann at typo3.org
Mon Jul 23 23:50:16 CEST 2012

Hi

I encounterd some cases, where the initial change was declared to be
backported to 4.5, but for different reasons, this never happened. For
the listed issues below, I'm looking for feedback, whether these changes
need to be taken care of - or can be "given up" regarding the backport
to 4.5:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/32109 (PHP warning when open_basedir is
enabled)
According to comment from Markus Klein in
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/6942/ this does not apply nicely in 4.5 and
no one answered since December 2011, whether this needs to be fixed in
4.5 too.

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/33853 (Selection lost after leaving
filtering-mode)
Based on comments on https://review.typo3.org/#/c/11048/ it seems to be
unclear if and how to backport the change.

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/34098 (Group excludefields by table)
Was declared as feature, and it's unclear whether this should go into
the backport branch or into 4.5 and 4.6 directly

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35787 (Subject can't be set with the form
wizard)
In the bug-tracker it's marked as a bug - the commit message marks it as
a feature. I guess it's somewhere in between :-) From an editor's
perspective, it's clearly a bug (missing input field for a features that
is fully operational in the background - but not usable for a regular
user). How to treat it?

Cheers,
Mario