[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 20 11:51:18 CEST 2012

Hi Arno,

Arno Dudek schrieb am 20.07.2012 10:24:

> I am very impressed about this discussion that my proposal is taken so
> seriously because it's the first time I provide a patch for the core.
>
> I made this patch cause (...)

Sounds like a good plan, and good to see that you followed this thread
and understood the arguments.

I think we're making progress here, and it would be very cool if you
could improve the code considering the arguments presented.

> While writing I had another idea to make the configuration easier. So
> the wizard can be used and the records can be removed. This can be done
> by a module (perhaps at "Functions") where you configure the backend
> layouts with the wizard and save it in the pageTSconfig.

Might work, but consider that the PageTS already might be already "hand
crafted". And also consider that the PageTS might be loaded from a FILE
(which is the main reason for having it there in the first place), so
the wizard would have to parse the PageTS, detect "included files" and
know where to edit them. Sounds scary.

Thanks for helping out and welcome in our community! ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto