[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Arno Dudek webmaster at adgrafik.at
Fri Jul 20 10:24:05 CEST 2012

Hi!

I am very impressed about this discussion that my proposal is taken so
seriously because it's the first time I provide a patch for the core.

I made this patch cause Steffen Gebert aksed me to do it cause I done it
already for the grid elements from JoH. I will explain my intentions,
perhaps this can help.

In my work I can now configer a website only by files. I just have to
create one or two template records. This makes my work very easy. Only
the backend layouts have to be created still by records. To have a
unique referenz I added a field "Layout ID" to the record. This field
can be used as ID for the body tag (<body id="layoutF11C2313">). With
this requirements I had the idea for the configuration by TSconfig and
the ID as string.

I think the benefits (and this are only some of them) are obvious, but I
also understand the objections.

I like also the idea of a default backend layout, which can be replaced.

Another question I noticed is "I don't see the connection to
TypoScript/frontend". I think there must be no connection. The backend
layout is just for the backend and give the editor a better overview for
the sections of the website. And there is a connection by read the
layout ID to create the sections ;)

While writing I had another idea to make the configuration easier. So
the wizard can be used and the records can be removed. This can be done
by a module (perhaps at "Functions") where you configure the backend
layouts with the wizard and save it in the pageTSconfig.

Thanks a lot!

lg arno