[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 19:53:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 19-7-2012 16:17, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> I agree. I never said that I want to have this exact solution. I just
> wanted to make the point that TsConfig is the right place to store the
> configuration of backend layouts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Problem was that the patch *added* TSconfig as a place to store BE
layouts and override the ones in DB.

> I think such feedback is important, more valuable and much more
> motivating than stating "your patch is not useful". But this is also off
> topic...

It felt as if various reviewers existed in separate universes. There was
a patch which had negative reviews. Then another patch emerged. A patch
was abandoned (then you think that the negative reviews had some
effect). Apparently the second patch still survived. It got also
negative reviews and positive reviews with a few comments.
The only thing that happened was that new versions were pushed which
took care of the comments. The negative reviews were completely ignored.

All in all, I'm fine if the functionality is moved to TSconfig
(completely with the wizard), but I still think that this is not the
most important feature/bug/task to solve.
If it was abandoned and only the default BE layout for the page module
(hardcoded default which is identical to the old page module layout) was
completed I would be happy too.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member