[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 16:17:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 19.07.12 13:17, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> On 19-7-2012 12:32, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

>> So how could the Wizard fit in the TsConfig setting world? Maybe finding
>> a way of adding the Grid-Wizard into the already existing TsConfig
>> wizard (typo3/wizard_tsconfig.php)?
>
> If that is possible we could migrate from records to TSconfig.

That is exactly what my intention is.

> Good
> idea, but a bit more complex than this patch :-)

I agree. I never said that I want to have this exact solution. I just
wanted to make the point that TsConfig is the right place to store the
configuration of backend layouts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since we now agree on the way to go, we can give valuable feedback to
the original author of the patch so that he can change it accordingly.

I think such feedback is important, more valuable and much more
motivating than stating "your patch is not useful". But this is also off
topic...

Kind regards,
Helmut

--