[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 11:52:41 CEST 2012

Hi Jigal,

On 19.07.12 11:39, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 19-7-2012 10:34, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> I also agree. Backend Layouts are configuration, thus perfectly fit into
>> Ts*Config*
>
> But what is the point of having them both in records and in TSconfig?
> Having them in two places will add confusion. Some BE layouts can be
> edited with the wizard, some must be edited in TSconfig.

I agree. Combining both ways (especially the possibility to override
records with TsConfig) does not make much sense.

We could

a) Deprecate records and provide an upgrade wizard which converts them
to TSConfig

b) Make it configurable (in TsConfig?) if either records or TsConfig
should be used.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--