[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Jul 18 16:42:29 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Müller wrote:

> We already have developed some default backend_layouts including icons
> [1] and would like to contribute to the introduction package. But the
> restrictive license of the actual intropackage is a blocker for us (and
> as well for users).
>
> If you're a introduction package team member, would you please push this
> licence issue forward: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/9841
>
> [1] http://demo.t3temple.com/features/columns/100/

That looks cool.

If you do not agree with the license, then please attach this to a (new)
issue anyway and clarify which license would be OK for you.

Unfortunately I am not a member of the IP project, but I plan to take part
in a sprint with the topic distributions and packages [1].

I would personal like to bring the IP into a state that allows easy adoption
and where you just change some colors/images and throw the content way to be
ready for a small site. But this is just my personal opinion and I am
curious where the discussions at that weekend will lead us to.

[1] http://typo3.org/news/article/code-sprints-for-typo3-60/

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!