[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Jul 18 10:09:16 CEST 2012

Hi.

On 17.07.2012 22:30 Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> On 17-7-2012 19:18, Steffen Müller wrote:
>> Store default layout using pageTS:
>> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37208
>
> This has been discussed in a different issue and/or different patch. It
> got several negative votes because this stuff doesn't belong in pageTS.
> It's easy enough to transfer the layout in records.

I don't like the idea of shipping and importing DB records in the core.
It's hard to control these kind of things in automated environments.

Another benefit of pageTS would be, that you could use conditions to set
different layouts for certain pages/treelevels as an alternativ to
select them in page properties. Of course this is rather cross coutry ...

>> In the end, ship some fine-selected default backend_layouts:
>> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39025
>
> Why pollute the installation with BE layouts you will not use? An
> integrator must clean this up for his clients.
> Bloat, unnecessary stuff. This can easily go in an extension which
> supplies the FE templates and matching BE layouts.

Of course the drawback of a feature rich ECMS is featuritis. :)

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/