[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-core-internal] Deprecation strategy

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:59:13 CEST 2012

Hi!

Loek Hilgersom wrote:
> Just dreaming a little more: what about a script crawling all latest
> versions of extensions in TER (or even all versions, if processing time
> permits), check for deprecated functions and update some compatibility
> indicators in TER?

How would it work with the following function from RealURL:

2764         /**
2765          * Tests if the value represents an integer number.
2766          *
2767          * @param mixed $value
2768          * @return bool
2769          */
2770         static public function testInt($value) {
2771                 static $useOldGoodTestInt = null;
2772
2773                 if (is_null($useOldGoodTestInt)) {
2774                         $useOldGoodTestInt =
!class_exists('t3lib_utility_Math');
2775                 }
2776                 if ($useOldGoodTestInt) {
2777                         $result = t3lib_div::testInt($value);
2778                 }
2779                 else {
2780                         $result =
t3lib_utility_Math::canBeInterpretedAsInteger($value);
2781                 }
2782                 return $result;
2783         }

I have to support RealURL for older versions but mantaining several
versions of RealURL for several versions of TYPO3 is absolute waste of time.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team member

Simplicity will save the world.