[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-core-internal] Deprecation strategy

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Jul 10 16:14:17 CEST 2012

Hey all,

the problem is that any extension owner who wants to use readLLXMLfile
and/or intInRange and keep their extension compatible with 4.5 and 6.0
has a real big problem, and needs to some kind of
backwards-compatibility layer that he/she will create on his own in each
extension.

For my extensions, I will need to maintain two versions, which sucks big
time.

Well, I see us finding in the position of creating a nice "div2007a"
extension ;)

All the best,
Benni.