[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 10th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Mon Jan 30 17:39:38 CET 2012

Hi dear TYPO3 community,

These are the minutes of the 10th TYPO3 Release Team Meeting for version
4.7.

The minutes are also available in the wiki of TYPO3 4.7:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v47-projects/wiki/10th_Release_Team_Meeting_TYPO3_47

Minutes from the 10th meeting

On Monday, January 30nd 2012 we hold our 10th meeting with the following
participants:

* Steffen Ritter (4.7 Release Manager)
* Xavier Perseguers (4.6 Release Manager)
* Ernesto Baschny (4.5 Release Manager)
* Benni Mack (4.4 Release Manager)
* Ingmar Schlecht (4.1 Release Manager)
* Oliver Hader (Core Team Leader)
* Ben van't Ende (Community Manager)

TYPO3 4.7
==========
Nothing special has been discussed about TYPO3 4.7.
The FAL Team - currently meeting up at Stuttgart B:Dreizehn GmbH -
announced that they plan to push the first patches within this week.

Revise "Zap the Gremlins"
most pressing issues Oliver Hader came up with the Idea to start a new
"Zap the Gremlins" project.

The following promotional ideas have been collected:

* article in T3N
* News article (or sth. else) needed
* Stage item on typo3.org
* Campaign designed by designteam
* Text/page in About Modules.

The release team agreed that this project would be a benefit and Olly
will Kickstart it with a mailing asking for further feedback while Ben
will get in contact with the Design Team.

We also found, that reporting issues has to be more trivial than with
forge and has to happen without login. A plain mailform has been
considered to be the most attractive way to gather user input.

For further information about the original project checkout the
following links:
* http://wiki.typo3.org/Zap_The_Gremlins
* http://news.typo3.org/news/article/zap-the-gremlins-lets-zapem/
*
http://t3n.de/magazin/typo3-40-zap-gremlins-weg-storenfrieden-ghostbusters-219159/

Backport branches
==================
As announced by Ernesto some weeks ago we are going to release backports
to already stable branches.
The Release Team decided to do a backport release for 4.5 and 4.6 on
February the 29th. There will be a Release Candidate for that one.
A separate announcement for that will be published soon.

ExtJS 4 considerations / further steps
=======================================
We discussed how to proceed with ExtJS 4. Ben asked if organizing a code
sprint would make sense as well as he proposed a workshop at the TYPO3
Developer Days in Munich.
The "technical guys" within our Team agreed that both options would not
make sense at the moment.
Furthermore we considered retargeting the proposed Workshop to be a
workshop about "backend JavaScript technology in long-term" instead of
working on the ExtJS 4 migration.

Friendly Ghost assignement status
=================================

There have been new entries within the Doodle about the availability as
friendly Ghost. Oliver will rework and extend the assignements.

If you have any further questions according to the development of TYPO3
4.7, feel free to contact me or just leave your comment within this thread.

Regards

--
Steffen Ritter
Release Manager TYPO3 4.7