[TYPO3-core] [FEATURE] Flexible cHash Calculation

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Mon Feb 20 19:28:05 CET 2012

Hi,

it seems that we're not really making progress with the patchset
https://review.typo3.org/4704 and it isn't very nice to communicate in
Gerrit, on the other hand we're running out of time for this significant
change. That's why I thought it's better to discuss the patchset here.

So what's the purpose of the patchset:

1) Centralize the cHash generation
2) Introduce configuration options to control which parameters are used
for the cache and which aren't

The patchset wasn't intended to introduce a new public API or and kind
of class anyone could use from the outside of the TYPO3 Core. Also
changes "during" runtime aren't really efficient anyhow, so providing
public setters and getters isn't really relevant outside of the tests.

Thats why I'd vote against Helmut's last patchset in favor of patchset
12 or 13. Once again I'd kindly ask for comments and reviews for the
patchsets in general.

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--