[TYPO3-core] How to get started with FAL from incubator....

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Thu Feb 16 19:18:37 CET 2012

hey,

On 14.02.2012 22:25, Benjamin Mack wrote:

> I do this:
>
>  * a normal 4.6.4 blank package installation
>  * Cloned git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git
>  * checked out the remotes/origin/plain-fileabstraction branch into a
> local one
>  * changed t3lib typo3 and index.php to come from the new sources
>  * installed EXT:file (not sure if all of them are needed?), soon
> EXT:file will not be needed at all anymore
>  * Do a Compare Database / Update Tables in the install tool
>  * Create a File Storage on PID=0 through the list module (set it to
> fileadmin/ if you'd like)
>  * Clear caches etc

I am also trying to get it to work and have some problems:

I got no thumbnails in my converted image elements and whenever I try to
add another file I get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getPublicUrlForFile() on a
non-object in /var/www/fal/t3lib/file/AbstractFile.php on line 466

I debugged a bit and it seems it's because I got no storage, so I tried
creating a storage.

That fails because I get the following error in the configuration form:

Driver Configuration
Data Structure ERROR: Line 1: Invalid document end

This is a plain checkout, no changes on the files until now, cleaned
everything I could think of.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

cheers,

susi