[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 11th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Tue Feb 7 09:22:35 CET 2012

Hi dear TYPO3 community,

These are the minutes of the 11th TYPO3 Release Team Meeting for version
4.7.

The minutes are also available in the wiki of TYPO3 4.7:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v47-projects/wiki/11th_Release_Team_Meeting_TYPO3_47

On Monday, February 6th 2012 we held our 11th meeting with the following
participants:

* Steffen Ritter (4.7 Release Manager)
* Xavier Perseguers (4.6 Release Manager)
* Oliver Hader (Core Team Leader)

Critisism on Leadership, Product-Management and Project-Management

In an posting to the v4 Minutes of last week Jigal addressed and
explained that he is not satisfied with the current solution[1], and how
things have been handled during the last year. We discussed most of the
issues mentioned in the post, reviewed and revised them to give our
statement on them.
The conclusion will be published as a more detailed reply to that thread
by Oliver Hader.

TYPO3 4.7
===========

Open Issues, Problems to be tackled, "Remaining BLE stuff"

1. *FAL*

*FAL was not merged*, yet.
It always has been kept in private as it should have been released when
it is done done to not block further development which would have to go
through Gerrit. This behaviour as of today is cut off! Olly will take
care of pushing the current state to Gerrit immediately. The reason of
keeping things "private" is, that a team currently is working on an
external project, with requirements currently not able to completely
fulfill with the FAL layer. Dealing with that, we agreed that new Hooks
or Signal/Slot as well internal refactoring are allowed within FAL even
after feature freeze, as long as the Public API does not break.

*Problems*:
the remaining Problems will be reported on Gerrit and can be worked on
by everyone
	- Upgrade Wizards not completely tested, quite difficult
	- Image-Rendering currently in some parts is ugly
	- stdWrap behaviour changed in uploads element (file-data instead of
cObj-Data) and needs to be checked

2. *Console-Application*

- is a standalone product, and therefore not touched by the feature-freeze
- the endpoint needed for that application will be shipped as extension
to TER
- many stuff has been developed for core (in terms of cleanup) in scope
of this developement. These developments neither are part of the project
nor as reliable as they could go to core right now
- we have to think for a place on typo3.org how to announce and promote
this additional tool for admins

3. *Media-Extension*

- has been planned as "DAM 2.0", FAL based
- the main feature of current DAM already got to FAL (like references to
File, Meta-Data, File-Type detection and so on)
- Media "only" added
	- scheduled indexing
	- end-point for registering meta-data extraction services
	- many detailed additional meta-data fields
	- categorizing of files
	- An module for creation of file collections from categories or static
files
- with ExtJS 4 revert the User Interface broke
	- collections by category cannot be created anymore
- Indexing Module never seemed to work correctly
- will not be part of the Core, but TER released, somehow "A-Class"
- *needs very much TLC (tender loving care) and people who want to
finish that one until final release*

4. *Old behaviour of Media-Element*
It has been reported, that the old behaviour of using external
flash-videos does not work with refactored media element. We have to
deal with that. Steffen Ritter will check this out before Beta1.

Introduction Package / Government Package

The Introduction Package and the Government Package should represent the
current featureset and "best practices" of the version it is build for.
With 4.7 there will be many new stuff - the packages have to be adapted.
To have some time for that a merge freeze already has been announced to
happen one day prior to the Beta1 release, to have time to adapt the
packages.
Oliver Hader will take of adapting the scripts so that the changes there
are reflected.
Steffen Ritter will start on upgrading the packages within master branch.
Especially the following topics are on the agenda:

	* database upgrades like e.g. for file abstraction layer
	* HTML5 video integration examples
	* use "new" indexed search

[1]
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-v4/2012-February/003297.html

If you have any further questions according to the development of TYPO3
4.7, feel free to contact me or just leave your comment within this thread.

Regards

--
Steffen Ritter
Release Manager TYPO3 4.7