[TYPO3-core] How to refer to TYPO3_CONF_VARS in the documentation (since v6.0)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Dec 9 17:32:28 CET 2012

Hi Jigal,

> As Philipp suggested we could simply follow the branches of TYPO3 and
> render the manuals for each branch.
> Changes in the code should be accompanied by changes in the manual (if
> the API or features change). It would be easy to match the releases for
> the code change with the change in the manual.

Yes, as said we plan to have this. Most manual have been tagged in Git,
so it's possible to release them for a given version.

> I think we really need it for all the namespace changes in 6.0; keeping
> one manual for all branches would require different versions of code
> examples, etc.

I agree that it would make manuals simpler.

> I'm sorry to say that filing issues with the UX/UI team has been rather
> useless in my experience. Maybe you have some direct line that works,
> but even very simple requests (an icon, a colour) are simply ignored or
> forgotten after some time. I've given up on that team :-(

I'm indeed not sure how to proceed here. We got help from the design
team to skin the new documentation site, so it's definitely possible to
get in touch with them, but I'm not sure that such a general remark
about the typo3.org skin would be handled very swiftly, as this whole
design/skinning is quite a sensitive topic.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter