[TYPO3-core] How to refer to TYPO3_CONF_VARS in the documentation (since v6.0)

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Dec 7 09:17:29 CET 2012

Hi,

On 6-12-2012 17:21, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> For the user it's important to know what's the "last update" date of a
> chapter, so if they are not split up, at least the "last update"
> information should be added to every chapter.

I think it would even be more useful to have documentation for a
specific TYPO3 version (branch).
It would be a little more work to have the documentation in the same
branch structure as the PHP sources. "Backporting" documentation to
multiple branches is relatively simple as git is quite good at cherry
picking (as it doesn't look at files but at the content itself).

> For me finding the information won't get less confusing if it's not "one
> huge manual" anymore but instead where "each chapter is a manual".

Having chapters as pages (or even smaller) with navigation to move
quickly around the manual would be very useful.

> - we (as a doc reader) can more easily follow "new documentation"
> snippets if they are released in smaller chunks. You can announce that
> separately ("New documentation on the Caching Framework is avaliable at
> doc_core_api_caching" etc.).

If you have to work with older versions of TYPO3 it's not very useful to
have the latest version; you actually want the version which is relevant
for the TYPO3 release you're working with.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!