[TYPO3-core] Was the deprecation policy followed for TYPO3 6.0?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Dec 5 16:57:06 CET 2012

Hi,

On 5-12-2012 15:47, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> there is / was a very nice proposal to "clean up" TER in a very smart
> way (by only allowing to set "dependency maximum on latest TYPO3 CMS
> version" etc). Jigal was involved as he summed the idea from the ECT
> quite nicely some time ago. Jigal, could you post an update on that
> matter? What's it's status?

It was postponed by the typo3.org relaunch because a new TER frontend
extension was made. After that it was difficult to contact the
maintainers of it. TYPO3 6.0 turned out to be rather time consuming.

Last week I did put it again on my todo list to get the changes for the
TER server going, after which I can publish the coming changes (possibly
send mails to the extension authors too) and push the changes for the EM
to various branches (the easy part).

There's lot to do, but mostly by making others do their stuff :-)
I could use a writer for the announcement though.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!