[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS 6.2+1

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Dec 4 20:46:40 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks for bringing it up ;)

Am 03.12.2012 10:02, schrieb Tolleiv Nietsch:
> What I suggest is that the Core team finds a way to move the focus more
> and more to Neos and that at some point TYPO3 CMS should switch into a
> maintenance mode where new features aren't added in new CMS releases and
> where we stop to rewrite the old modules etc.

maintenance mode looks so harsh, let it call feature complete. And of
course features can be still added, it just should come more and more
from the public community.

> I know that this might not be a too popular suggestion atm.

I guess just because NEOS is new and we know the old system so well.

> You might argue that Neos lacks some features and that you can't use it
> right away for your agency, but that's why we have TYPO3 CMS still
> available and maintained until >2018.

yes and what do we do with TYPO3 CMS when a feature is missing, the
agency provides it as extension or as change directly in the core.

+1

Georg