[TYPO3-core] Travis executes extension tests, help appreciated

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Aug 19 15:08:10 CEST 2012

Hey there,

travis is now configured to not only execute the core tests, but can
additionally execute tests in several extensions.

This is configured via tests/Build/UnitTests.xml file. While creating
this, it became obvious that we still have some interdependencies
between tests that should be tackled.

But it is now very easy to add the tests of other system extensions to
travis. For now we started with fluid and extbase. More can be added if
we verified that they work.

If someone has fun hacking on this and some spare time, it would be cool
if the failing extension tests could be tackled, if we get rid of the
interdependencies and if we could ship 6.0 with travis executing _all_
core + system extension tests in the end.

Working on this is pretty easy: Just manipulate
tests/Build/UnitTests.xml, go to your document root and call

./typo3/cli_dispatch phpunit -c tests/Build/UnitTests.xml

This is exactly what travis does as well. We've already created some
tickets for issues we stumbled upon, see below.

BTW: The current state is also a cool base for the CI sprint in Linz [5]

Regards
Christian

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39965
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39953