[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-core-internal] Communicate more of the unpaid stuff

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Fri Apr 20 12:02:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 20.04.12 11:24, schrieb Steffen Ritter:
> Hi Georg,
> Am 20.04.2012 11:14, schrieb Georg Ringer:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I nearly forgot to mention something I learned during the developer
>> days: It seems to some guys that TYPO3 gets further because of money
>> because most buzz is done about features which are currently paid, e.g.
>> FAL, forms project.
>>
>> Yes I know that most commits are still done in spare time or beeing paid
>> by a company who sponsors the time of a developer. Still, those features
>> often don't make it to the public.
>>
>> So don't forget to post when you did something nice! ;)
>>
>> An example I experienced myself: I managed to make the page module a bit
>> nicer for 6.0 and I guess not too many know about it. I don't want an
>> additional user for typo3.org just for the one article, so my queestion:
>> Can I prepare some text/images and can someone post that?
>>
>> Georg

For sure that's possible and appreciated since actions "behind the
scenes" get more visible - and this is possible for all other features
and changes as well (if there's something to tell about)...

> About your question: Write your article, notes.typo3.org or wiki... We
> then can publish it on typo3.org/news/ or buzz.typo3.org - the decision
> "where" should be decided by Helmut as the Release Manager...

The "we" part in this statement is not clear - I suggest that "we" is
the Release Team that regularly has online meetings and can than arrange
when something shall be published.

So there are two kinds of articles/announcements
- first type is to announce that something is/shall be done for a
  particular problem/feature/... --> work happens/will happen in future
- second is a summary of changes that have been sponsored silently by
  agencies, companies, etc. as wrap-up for the final release in terms
  of a "thank you" page --> work happened in the past

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader