[TYPO3-core] Backport of virtual tree root?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 3 17:19:24 CEST 2012

Hi all,

With https://review.typo3.org/#/c/8977/2 a virtual tree root was
introduced for users who have access to just a few mount points, so that
they have a virtual root under which all mount points are listed.

This improvements solved another issue related to workspaces: when in
Web > Workspaces, if you click on a page, you see only the changes on
that page or below. If you want to see all the change again, you have to
click on the page root. But until now, users with only limited mount
points had no tree root to go back to. This problem still exists for 4.5
and 4.6, which have no virtual tree root.

I actually had a pending patch for adding a "Back to overview" button to
the workspaces module. This patch is obsolete for 4.7+, but still makes
sense for 4.5 and 4.6. Unless we back-port the virtual tree root feature.

Since this represents a change of UI, I would like to ask for
opinions/authorization from RMs: would it be okay to back-port the
virtual tree root feature to 4.5 and 4.6?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter