[TYPO3-core] Change procedure revisited

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 22 10:54:07 CET 2011

Hi,

On 22-11-2011 10:11, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> We cannot demand anything from the volunteer work of anyone. We could
> say "the release managers should do it", but I just don't have the time.
> The "friendly ghost of the week", might be another candidate, but there

I think the biggest "itch" is that various people believe that there is
a certain procedure and expect others to follow that. If those ideas do
not match you get discussions (even in Gerrit). Even if there is not a
way that it *must* be done, it would be nice to have that documented too.

We could simply use the MUST / SHOULD / COULD terminology seen in
internet related RFCs:
MUST : this is the only accepted way
SHOULD : this is expected, but it's no problem if it's done differently
COULD : it is possible to do this, but expect other ways too

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.