[TYPO3-core] Change procedure revisited

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 19 16:30:53 CET 2011

Hi,

Can we have some "official", documented statement about the correct
procedure to submit a patch and apply it to various branches.

AFAIK the latest procedure was to push it to master first and after it
was merged the poor guy/girl who couldn't resist pushing the the submit
button has to port it to the next lower branch.
Judging from comments in Gerrit this procedure is not clear, because
some think that it should be pushed to all branches simultaneously, some
think the committer has to keep track and backport, etc.

I'm not a fan of having loads of rules and regulations, but in cases
like this it helps to fight confusion.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.