[TYPO3-core] Backend live search: your opinion about a bug please

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 14:11:47 CET 2011

Hi!

François Suter wrote:
> Looking at the patch that was eventually applied, it appears that these
> changes were applied only to the BE search and *not* to the live search.
> I think that this is wrong and would like to propose a patch which also
> takes into account the "searchFields" TCA property for the live search
> (on top of loading the full TCA, which BTW can then be loaded only for
> tables which have a "searchFields" directive).

I agree that this should be done. The reason why it was not applied to the
live search because the 4.6 patch was a forward-port (is that the right
term?) from the 4.4 branch where it was originally made for a customer.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.