[TYPO3-core] openssl als required PHP extension

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 7 20:19:34 CET 2011

Hi,

> - Having two different URLs could make sense in an ideal world but in
> practice, this is just utopian

I agree.

> - This should ideally be a link when an exception occurs and going to an
> non-existing page should be fairly easy to start it with some automatic
> "exception description template" in the wiki (don't know if possible...)

No idea if it's feasible, but it would be nice.

> - Is it intended to be used for Core only or may it be used for any
> extension? Taking for granted that the chance to have exactly the same
> error number should be quite impossible :)
> - If not, would it be wise to define some generic scheme for TER
> extension exceptions, something including the extension key and
> redirecting to Forge extension's wiki using a similar scheme?

Good questions. I have been using the same scheme as the Core for a
while already in some of my extensions. As you say, there's very little
risk of two exception numbers colliding, so I would say there's no need
for a separate scheme. This will make life easier for everyone.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter