[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 package naming

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Wed May 25 11:10:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

and this is the really most rude mail on this list for the last decade.
:-< Please don't expect any valuable feedback until you try to make your
points into a friendly email. I give ten points into keeping everything
as is just to invalidate this email.

Sincere Greets,
Peter

P.S.: true engagement by bugreporting, ..., providing patches ist always
greatly welcomed

Am 25.05.2011 10:27, schrieb netz-haut - stephan seitz:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd really like to know, which genius came up with the idea of
> renaming of dummy-$VERSION packages (and contained base-directory) to
> blankpackage-$VERSION
>
> Maybe there *could* be a reason for this in new versions like 4.6.x,
> but for existing versions this is needless and useless. Moreover,
> everyone who does some installation automation will have to change a
> very simple rule to some weird database driven model, just to get the
> correct spelling of packages dependend on the respective revision.
>
> Sorry, but I consider this the most useless and annoying change I've
> seen the last decade.
>

> Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>
> -- Stephan Seitz Senior System Administrator
>
> netz-haut GmbH multimediale kommunikation
>
> Zweierweg 22 97074 Würzburg
>
> Telefon: 0931 2876247 Telefax: 0931 2876248
>
> Web: www.netz-haut.de Amtsgericht Würzburg - HRB 10764
> Geschäftsführer: Michael Daut, Kai Neugebauer

Peter Niederlag