[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 package naming

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Wed May 25 10:27:15 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I'd really like to know, which genius came up with the idea of renaming of dummy-$VERSION packages (and contained base-directory) to blankpackage-$VERSION

Maybe there *could* be a reason for this in new versions like 4.6.x, but for existing versions this is needless and useless. Moreover, everyone who does some installation automation will have to change a very simple rule to some weird database driven model, just to get the correct spelling of packages dependend on the respective revision.

Sorry, but I consider this the most useless and annoying change I've seen the last decade.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

   netz-haut GmbH
   multimediale kommunikation

   Zweierweg 22
   97074 Würzburg

   Telefon: 0931 2876247
   Telefax: 0931 2876248

   Web: www.netz-haut.de
   Amtsgericht Würzburg - HRB 10764
   Geschäftsführer: Michael Daut, Kai Neugebauer