[TYPO3-core] Git: how to solve divergence?

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Mon May 16 13:21:20 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 16.05.2011 11:56, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi,
[...]
> What always makes me worry is whether anything I do locally (along the
> lines of the above) could have an impact on the remote branches at some
> later point (e.g. when I push something).

Don't worry too much about it. The worst thing that could happen is a
nonsense commit which would be rejected within the review. ;)

Nevertheless a good suggestion on the Wiki is to do a:

git log origin/<target-branch>..HEAD

which will show "simulate" your push, that is: show all commits that you
would push.

Greets and hth,
Peter
--