[TYPO3-core] Gerrit and new review policy for TYPO3 v4 Core

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 29 10:28:52 CEST 2011

Hi Ernesto,

> We have indeed "discussed" the exact rules here, BTW:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/13468

I was pointed there by Steffen Gebert, but hardly the way to start a
discussion indeed, as it's rather "hidden" as an issue in some bug tracker.

> There is also a mapping from the old rules to the new scheme documented
> there. Since it wasn't further discussed in the issue, I expect that it
> hasn't been documented officially yet, which means it should. Is the
> WIKI the right place for it? I documented it here for a start:
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/Gerrit_Review_Workflow

Better :-)

I would change/enhance it the following way:

- add the fact that the core developer who gave an early +1 should try
and go back to transform the +1 into a +2 after a second review came in,
if applicable.
- move the part about the old rules to the bottom, in a separate
section, in order to avoid confusion. People should read about the
review process with Gerrit and learn how it maps to the old process only
if interested.
- mention that giving a +2 and submitting right away is acceptable for
no-brainers (the equivalent of FYIs we had before). Or give yourself a
+2 and wait a bit before submitting (equivalent to FIY24, FYI48, etc.).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter