[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16738: Add ExtDirect Stateprovider for ExtJs States

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Mar 8 21:54:07 CET 2011

On 12/18/2010 04:22 PM, François Suter wrote:
>> There are several new template.php-additions which should be documented,
>> i hope you know the best place for. I will buzz these new things, but
>> anyways they need to be in docs.
>
> Good that you buzz about it. This is difficult, as we have no proper
> document for this now. We would probably need something like a BE
> programming guide. This could be started in the wiki for now.

RFD: Request for documentation: There is afaik still neither a wiki
documentation nor a buzz about this feature ;)

Background: I'm currently getting my feet wet with extJS and my happy
little BE module would benefit from uc states as well. I stumbled upon
the state provider in em by reading (and stealing) code from it,
wondered about its magic, found this issue, but no more documentation.

Needless to say I'm still a noob in extjs: I'm currently living from
reading external code (mostly em), and playing trial&error until my own
code does something useful. At the moment I feel it would be worth a
full book on the topic 'how to write rich applications for the backend'.

Regards
Christian