[TYPO3-core] Migration to GIT *today*, closing SVN for TYPO3v4

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Mar 1 10:01:24 CET 2011

Am 01.03.2011 09:50, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> could you clarify what does happen with external contributers?
> In the past they could send patches to core list and monitor the review.
> Now, gerrit is password protected, an only core members can push and
> monitor review.
>
> This is very important if we don't want to lose external contributers,
> and they may lose motivation.

review.typo3.org is password protected but only requires a valid Forge
username (doesn't need to be a core developer). So this is the only
"barrier" we have. As soon as you authenticate, you can push to any project.

Only core developers can of course "Submit" the final approved commit to
git.typo3.org.

Cheers,
Ernesto