[TYPO3-core] Meeting/Discussion: Git-Gerrit-Forge-Jenkins workflow and interaction

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Jun 17 13:23:38 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 15.06.2011, at 18:33, Oliver Hader wrote:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-git/wiki/Meeting_June_15th_2011

Ok, here is some feedback from me:

* Git setup // repo

It cannot have any "content" in the top-level directory, thus it was a no-go for us. Also, there is work being finalized currently, to enable atomic commits across submodules in Gerrit. No fast acting on introducing another tool, please.

* Git setup // screen cast

Really? I mean, there are tons of screencasts on Git and/or Gerrit in the internet. Just sayin'.

* Git setup // Descriptions for git repositories

In theory, if I understand the documentation right, the project description given in Gerrit is synchronized to the file gutweb uses for display. So, if we synched the (first line of) the project description from Forge, we should be set.

* Gerrit // CSS issue for selected fetch method

Very probably not caused by our changes, since it broke some time during 2.1.x. Most probably some CSS was changed and the change needs to be moved forward to our CSS. Don't even think about not modifying the code and CSS. We had a vanilly Gerrot in the beginning, and the *major* complaint was "it's so ugly".

* Gerrit - Forge interaction // update hook script

The protocol says "Currently there is already a trigger that listens to a new changeset pushed to Gerrit to change the accordant forge issue to "under review" - however that does not work and just delivers only HTTP 403 & 5xx errors"

Who made this observation? Where? I know only of my script, and I never found anything indicating an error, except that the status is not set. Burning for some hints!

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns