[TYPO3-core] How to set up Git GUI client with SSH-RSA key on Windows

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Jun 7 09:10:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 06.06.2011 19:48, schrieb Steffen Gebert:

>>> Well, do you remember what you tried?
>> I tried exactly, what he did in the video (see screenshot):
>> $ git config remote.origin.push refs/heads/*:refs/for/*
>> $ git push
>
> Okay, I remember.. it tries to push everything new from all branches.

well, IMO this depends on default push behaviour!
Please check these settings as I assume they will have an effect!

[push]
   # push current to corresponding upstream branch
   default = upstream
   # default = nothing
   # default = matching [default behaviour, not usefull in this case!]

(git config push.default)

[...]
>> To ssh://stephenking@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git
>> * [new branch] master -> refs/for/master
>> ! [remote rejected] 4-5 -> refs/for/TYPO3_4-5 (duplicate request)
>> error: failed to push some refs to
>> 'ssh://stephenking@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git'

which could be a "gerrit only" problem, as in general this looks correct.

> I was on master during pushing and 4-5 has no unpushed commits. I think
> I'll write him a mail and ask, why it works for him^

very nice! I think git and gerrit version could make a change here.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag