[TYPO3-core] How to set up Git GUI client with SSH-RSA key on Windows

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 6 19:48:15 CEST 2011

On 06.06.11 19:32, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>>> However, this didn't work out for me (IIRC pushed *all* commits of the
>>> repository and Gerrit rejected them *uff*).
>>
>> Well, do you remember what you tried?
> I tried exactly, what he did in the video (see screenshot):
> $ git config remote.origin.push refs/heads/*:refs/for/*
> $ git push

Okay, I remember.. it tries to push everything new from all branches.

I now have the following config (which I can't add through `git config`):
> [remote "origin"]
>         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>         url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git
>         push = refs/heads/master:refs/for/master
>         push = refs/heads/4-5:refs/for/TYPO3_4-5

But it now, again, pushes the change to all branches:
> $ git push
> To ssh://stephenking@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git
>  * [new branch]      master -> refs/for/master
>  ! [remote rejected] 4-5 -> refs/for/TYPO3_4-5 (duplicate request)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://stephenking@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git'

I was on master during pushing and 4-5 has no unpushed commits. I think
I'll write him a mail and ask, why it works for him^

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert