[TYPO3-core] Developing features and git/gerrit

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Wed Jun 1 11:38:32 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 01.06.2011 11:03, schrieb Thorsten Kahler:
> Hi Steffen,
[...]
> * fork from there * add a project/feature branch to your fork * work
> on that branch together with other devs * add git.typo3.org as remote
> to your local clone * rebase all changes of that branch to
> git.typo3.org/master

IMO very good idea(also currently not required), forgot that in my
explanation. ;(

> * push your project/feature branch to git.typo3.org
>
> I think there's some overhead, because the owner of the fork has to
> handle pull requests on that fork.

Not necessarily, github provides team access. You can give other github
users write permissions on your fork:
- select your repository
- click on "Admin"
- click "Collaborators"

Now these users don't have to go through "pull requests"(github review).

Very powerfull and flexible as anyone(!) can team collaborate on patches
and finally submit for review without any extra workload/complexity
inside the Core repository on typo3.org. :->

[...]

Greets,
Peter
--