[TYPO3-core] src-, dummy- and blankpackage: back and forth - and forth and back?!

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Thu Jul 28 10:34:39 CEST 2011

Hi Markus,

Am 28.07.11 01:37, schrieb Markus Klein:
> Another suggestion that would be really convenient for people updating via FTP:
> We could provide a Differential Package containing only the changed files since the last version.
> I think this really makes sense, as the current 4.5.4 source zip package already has respectable 44 MB.

Thanks for the input. We are going to consider to create these delta
files as well (could be useful for creating SaaS packages like for the
Plesk Panel as well). Besides that we're thinking about having a global
information available with the accordant MD5 hashes and whether a
release contained security fixes (by now this is only "available" by
reading the announcements by human beings).

If there are further suggestions/wishes on our distributions, please let
us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
Olly
--