[TYPO3-core] src-, dummy- and blankpackage: back and forth - and forth and back?!

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 27 21:23:15 CEST 2011

Hi Oliver and thanks for the prompt feedback,

Oliver Hader wrote:

> > Seems with 4.5.3 and 4.4.8 the Typo3 team decided not to provide
> > separate packages for src- and dummy- anymore, but only provide a
> > single "blankpackage". It took me half a day to rewrite the
> > Makefiles and test the new packages.
> >
> > With 4.5.4 and 4.4.9 it seems that those "blankapckages" are not
> > available anymore but only src- and dummy- archives. I did not find
> > any announcement about that change.
>
> With TYPO3 4.6 (current development and 4.6-beta1 next week) and all
> following versions (4.7, 4.8, ...) we will ship the blankpackage.

Will you also provide blankpackages for 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5 until
end-of-maintenance?

> However if it's easier for the FreeBSD port to have a dummy package,
> we still can deliver an addition dummy for 4.6 and future versions as
> well.

Thanks, but I'm fine with the blankpackage. It's just that installation
and package creation of src-/dummy- and blankpackage require a slightly
different Makefile.

So if you already decided to provide blankpackage as default in future
you could make my work easier if you provided the blankpackage (if
necessary for other users in addition to src- and dummy-) from now on
and for all supported versions.

Cheers, Helmut