[TYPO3-core] src-, dummy- and blankpackage: back and forth - and forth and back?!

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Jul 27 20:17:45 CEST 2011

Hi Helmut,

Am 27.07.11 16:15, schrieb Helmut Schneider:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of Typo3 on FreeBSD.
>
> Seems with 4.5.3 and 4.4.8 the Typo3 team decided not to provide
> separate packages for src- and dummy- anymore, but only provide a single
> "blankpackage". It took me half a day to rewrite the Makefiles and test
> the new packages.
>
> With 4.5.4 and 4.4.9 it seems that those "blankapckages" are not
> available anymore but only src- and dummy- archives. I did not find any
> announcement about that change.
>
> If I rewrite the Makefiles again over the next few hours (including
> testing, testing and again testing), can I assume that with 4.5.5 and
> 4.4.10 (or 4.6) I still will find src- and dummy- archives or will you
> again introduce "changes" on what packages are downloadable?!
>
> Please forgive my sarcasm but I'm really annoyed.

Thanks for your mail and it is quite reasonable spending time for
nothing. Since there have been objections on the blankpackage already
after the last releases, we decided (AFAIK it was in the v4 list) to
reintroduce the dummy packages again - as it was before...

With TYPO3 4.6 (current development and 4.6-beta1 next week) and all
following versions (4.7, 4.8, ...) we will ship the blankpackage.

However if it's easier for the FreeBSD port to have a dummy package, we
still can deliver an addition dummy for 4.6 and future versions as well.
Besides that: If there's anything else that would make these kind of
distributions easier, pleas let us know.

Sorry for the trouble & thank!

Cheers,
Olly
--