[TYPO3-core] hardcoded typo3 directory

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Jul 17 12:51:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 17.07.11 11:52, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> I really wonder if it is a *useful* option. As said elsewhere, we're
> already moving away from configuration to convention and things like
> configuration for 'content table' (anyone using anything else but
> 'tt_content'??), 'fileadmin' directory, etc. could be removed IMO.
>
> I'd vote for removing the chapter from the Inside TYPO3 documentation.
> Constants with relative paths (such as 'TYPO3_mainDir') could be
> deprecated IMO.

Convention over configuration does not mean, that something must not (or
can not) be configurable, but that you do not have to configure sth. if
you stick to conventions.

Having paths like fileadmin, typo3 configurable is (in general) a good
thing and it's bad that extensions and even the core itself does not
stick to the API (being constants or whatever) here.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org