[TYPO3-core] hardcoded typo3 directory

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sun Jul 17 11:06:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

> There is the chapter "Changing the default “typo3/” directory" in
> doc_core_inside. Coexisting hardcoded 'typo3/' in the core and this
> chapter is misleading.
>
> I think one of two things should be done chapter removed or global
> constants should be used. I don't know maybe information in the Coding
> Guidelines.
>
> What do you think guys?

If typo3/ is hardcoded, instead of using TYPO3_mainDir, then it's a bug
and should be fixed.

Nevertheless, renaming typo3/ is from my POV not a good advice, esp as
you have to modify the constant in the TYPO3 Core files (which nobody
should recommend!). To make this a useful and well implemented
configuration option, there should be a way to change it through
localconf.php. However, I don't know, if the constant is used before
already (probably it is..).

Kind regards
Steffen

--