[TYPO3-core] Looking back at committed issue #28028 (t3lib_div::breakLinesForEmail)

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 15 13:04:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

In the changes pulled from git I noticed a "new" function in
t3lib_utility_Mail. I got curious.

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/28028
https://review.typo3.org/3181

 From what I could see this function (now called breakLinesForEmail)
does nothing more than performing a wordwrap. PHP has a built-in
function for that.

Both t3lib_utility_Mail::breakLinesForEmail() and wordwrap() are not
multi-byte safe.

Before making a proposal I have the question: should we either build a
multi-byte safe version ourselves, or keep the current functionality and
just embed wordwrap() to perform the magic?

What do you think?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.